Sunday 6 April 2014

Retirement - Is it really the end of Life as we know it?



It's been a year since I started this blog so with this post I'm celebrating its one year anniversary!

What a year it's been! The blog continues to evolve as I seek to find engaging ways to spread positive messages about retirement - in a world that seems determined to suggest that retirement signifies the beginning of the end of life as we know it!

Retirement does come with challenges and changes. These need not to become worries - but be grasped firmly with both hands and seen for the opportunities they present to make significant positive and strategic changes to the way we live our life.

Retirement is a time of reward - particularly in terms of that most valuable of resources - time. No longer dictated to by work requirements and expectations how you use your time is up to you! What a welcome condition that is!

The greatest rewards of my retirement so far are the wonderful rhythms that now flow through all aspects of my life! And I've found a song - or did it find me - that exemplifies my retirement condition!

From the first time I heard this song it made my heart sing! Each note seemed to dance in the cells of my body! The melody invigorated my very being. The words spoke to me on multiple levels. I find myself wanting to immerse myself in it listening to it over and over again.

The song is 'Knee Deep' recorded by the wonderful American country music group Zac Brown Band together with Jimmy Buffet. To them I extend my heartfelt thanks - I've adopted it as my retirement anthem!




 What do you think? Does it resonate with you, too?

Trusting the water hasn't reached your chair yet!

Cheers!

Marian


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Liz! I've been appreciative of your interest and feedback over the journey! Interaction with readers does make it all worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete