Friday 20 June 2014

Retirement Lifestyle ... this week

It's Week 2 of our renovation. We are tired, our muscles are aching - but we are toasting our efforts! The first fix is completed! Here's cheers to that!


 The week started with 90ml of rain and local flooding. This is a 100 metres from our house!



The electrical first fix got under way.








John preparing to 'mud'.



Mudding! It's quite an art - but John has it under control! Even the plumber agreed he's done a great job!



The first bathroom finished.




With two bathrooms, plus electricals in every room to do, the mudding went on and on. John finished by the torchlight of my iphone!



Meanwhile I spent two days grinding spots 30cms apart over every wall. The spots are for the glue that will fix our gyprock!

.


No, it's not Darth Vader - it's me!!!



My trusty diamond toothed grinder!




The living area finished! The house looks like it has a bad case of the measles!



And, yes, that would be our gyprock! It was off loaded onto the deck.



Lil, Pete the Builder's dog, enjoying the sun!



John and Pete the Builder carried every gyprock sheet into the house today!



There's lots of it! Can't wait to see it up! It will make all that grinding worthwhile - at least that's what I'm telling my protesting muscles!




We kept up our walking most evenings. I never tire of this beautiful bay!



A trio of pelicans enjoying the evening light.



Finally, I just had to include this! I saw this go-fast red gopher parked outside the Post Office today. A lady, her white fluffy dog and a very large parcel got into this! I love it! I want one!




I can't wait to share next week's work with you all! Join me then!


Some links to explore this weekend!

  • The Cummins Area School Library put these pictures of floods past on their Facebook page. My uncle's school bus was one of the featured photographs.
  • It was cold, wet and windy for much of this week - soup weather! I made a variation of this soup with a rouge butternut pumpkin that grew in the garden at home. 
  • Did you know that research has shown that the consumption of hot chocolate can be positive to one’s health? Read more here!
  • Great advice here! For your nearest and dearest, what would you add to this list?

  • Thinking about a renovation? Great advice here! Perhaps I should have taken more notice of #2 before we started!

Have a great week!

Cheers!

Marian


2 comments:

  1. I want one too! Happy renovating... will look fabulous once you are done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting to the 'putting it all back together again' stage - so it's very exciting to see our vision coming together! Do come and visit us sometime!

      Delete